We are pleased that you have visited our website. It is always a joy to open our doors to those who wish to worship with us. It is our hope that you will visit with 608 Main St.
It is our desire to see all people in our community with a church home. Perhaps you already have a special place of worship and if so, that is great. However, if for any reason you do not, it would bring me great joy if you would visit us at Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church.
You will experienced, the members of out church are friendly and eager to welcome you into our church family. We would love to be your church home if you do not presently have one.
We have a variety of church services and worship opportunities from which you can choose if you wish. Sunday School 9:30 am Morning Worship 11:00 am Mid-week Bible Study 10:00 am & 7:00 pm Wed.
We welcome the Military Community from Ft. Campbell and Our neighbors next door at Austin Peay State University.
Please know that our doors are open to you, and you would be welcome to visit with us at any time. If we can personally be of assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to call.
We live in a day which offers the message of the Gospel to the Sinner, and inspiration to the Christian in a vast variety of ways such as the internet, radio, television, cd's, MP3 files, and on and on it goes!
We like to take a few moments to share some thoughts regarding the importance and value of attending a local church. You may know of more reasons, but for now here are a few.
1. A place to call “home” – “Home” is usually where the “rubber meets the road”. We get to know our “family” and they get to know our strengths and weaknesses, and as “iron sharpens iron”, we become stronger both in the short and long term.
2. Accountability and Encouragement – A home church becomes a place for accountability, (continuing the thought from the previous point), and also is a great place for receiving encouragement from brothers and sisters in our family.
3. Pastoral Care – We all encounter times of crisis such as sickness, deaths, divorce, family events, as well as times of joy such as marriages, job promotions, etc. It’s wonderful to share these events with our families, and of course, it's always so comforting to have the local family of God surrounding you with prayers and support.
4. A Storehouse for regular Tithes/Offerings – Where would the local church be without regular Tithes and Offerings from it’s members and adherents? Basically, wasting time with fundraiser after fundraiser to fund the church ministries. Tithing was commanded “before” the giving of the law, and was never stopped at the time of Christ even though the opportunity was there. Any media ministry that encourages the sending of tithe to them instead of the local church is doing a disservice to God and His people.
5. A place to get involved with a ministry on a consistent basis – As part of a community of believers, there is something powerful about having the faithful, consistent witness of a person in ministry not only in the good times, but also in the tough times. Impressionable children and youth often look up to those in ministry as examples for their own lives as they are young, and to be remembered and followed as they grow older.
6. Respectability and Acceptance in ministry endeavors – Most Pastors want to know what home church a person attends when they are asking for a place to minister in the church or community. To most pastors, this shows a teachable and servant spirit. In watching over the flock under their care, they are careful who speaks into the lives of the congregation.
7. Gives the local Church stability for more effective and impactful ministry – The church knows who can be depended upon for financial and ministry support. If everyone moved from church to church, there would be no opportunity for effective ministry whatsoever, and churches would have to close the doors due to lack of faithful attendees.
Well, these are just a few reasons for the value of attending a local church and no doubt there are many more. I trust these will be of assistance to you as some may ask you this question I often am asked!
And, of course...there's always this powerful scripture from the Word in Hebrews 10:25 (NKJV) 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Blessings in Christ,
The Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Family